Sunday, November 2, 2008

My Hreggur



My Hreggur........this poor old guy came to me as a rescue. Look at the muscle atrophy on his back from wearing too narrow a saddle all his life. His feet were so contracted when he came, the farrier thought he might have navicular. But after about a year and a half his heels spread enough so he finally got his hoof function back. He wore shoes all his life before he arrived here. Look at that wonderful roman nose of his. Can you imagine how much he must have suffered while wearing a dropped noseband? There was no way a dropped noseband would not slide down onto the cartilage of his nose. I should know...I experimented with it before I finally stopped using a dropped noseband. I've kept it though, just to show people who are thinking of using one, just how awful they can be.

No comments: